Waitrose is gearing up for the festive season with an all new vegan range featuring plant-based entrees, main courses and desserts.
This December vegans can treat themselves to a plethora of plant-based delicacies as Waitrose has announced a tantalizing selection.
The supermarket’s Christmas range includes an assortment of tasty canapés, main meals, and mouthwatering desserts.
Chloe Graves, Waitrose & Partners’ vegan vendor said: “We expect sales to culminate in an all-time high as we prepare for arguably the most important meal of the year – the Christmas dinner.
“We’ve worked really hard as a team to develop a delicious Christmas range that shows how vegan and vegetarian food can be full of flavour. We hope our customers now feel there is no need for those with food preferences or speciality diets to feel like they’re missing out during the festive season.”
Starters will include:
- Vegan Pâtés available in two flavours – Butternut, Pumpkin Seeds & Pine Nut Pâté with Tomato & Chilli Chutney and Mushroom & Chestnut Pâté with Red tasty canapés
- Vegan Moroccan Mushroom & Chickpea Pittas stuffed with shredded king oyster mushrooms roasted with shawarma spices, chickpeas and a Moroccan tagine sauce
- Vegan Mini Beet Wellingtons filled with rich beetroot and mushroom duxelles.
Main course dishes include:
- The Vegan Festive Ring featuring a wreath of apple & cranberry and mushroom & leek bangers with a fruity stuffing and crunchy parsley crumb in the centre.
- The Vegan Apple & Cranberry Bangers featuring plump, tasty bangers with juice-infused cranberries and Bramley apple sauce.
- The Vegan Root En Croute featuring roasted carrots marinated in smoky paprika and dill, with a creamy spinach sauce – all wrapped in a lattice of crisp puff pastry.
The dessert range includes:
- The Vegan Elderflower, Raspberry & Blackcurrant Jelly, a pretty, jewel-coloured jelly studded with juicy raspberries and blackcurrants.
- Fiona Cairns Vegan Fruit Cake, a beautiful Iced Fruit Cake filled with figs, prunes, raisins and cherries and soaked in French brandy, zesty spices and roasted almonds.
With Tesco, Marks and Spencer, and Asda also unveiling their special festive plant-based ranges, vegan customers can look forward to an indulgent festive season.
Which supermarket offers the best vegan Christmas range? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!
Vegan culture, food, beauty & more
- Totally Vegan Buzz Team
- 19th June 2020
All sorts of plant-based foods and products will be up for sale at this summer’s Vegan Farmers’ Market in Vancouver. Vancouver is gearing to launch the city’s first Vegan Farmers Market on 27 June at Vancouver’s Concord Community Park. The event will operate right through summer for eight full Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 …
- Charlotte Coates
- 13th January 2020
Perfume has the power to transport you. A favourite scent can remind you of many things – conjuring up the bliss of a relaxing holiday, the comfort of home or even a butterfly-filled first date. There are so many wonderful scents to choose from, no matter if you prefer musky notes, floral hints or fruity …
All the quizzes you love to binge!
- Marlon Farrugia
- 10th January 2020
How much vegan knowledge do you have stored away? Do you have to Google your way through a shopping trip, or do you have all the bad E-numbers memorised? Find out now with this quiz. Marlon Farrugia Marlon Farrugia is a freelance writer from Brighton. He has been a dedicated vegan for many years, and …
- Marlon Farrugia
- 13th October 2019
Spook Season approaches. There will be ghosts, goblins, ghouls, and glucose. You need a costume, and you want to it to show off your personality, which means VEGAN. But what to choose? Take our quiz to find out your perfect outfit. Marlon Farrugia Marlon Farrugia is a freelance writer from Brighton. He has been a …
- Marlon Farrugia
- 26th September 2019
“If you were a vegetable, what kind would you be?” A question that has tormented humanity throughout the ages – until now. Read: QUIZ: If you score 19/20 on THIS quiz, you’re a Vegan God Marlon Farrugia Marlon Farrugia is a freelance writer from Brighton. He has been a dedicated vegan for many years, and …